Founders (sales, product)
Product Designer (myself)
In order to increase user conversion, we needed to provide more accurate funnels. This meant improving Palabra’s funnels by incorporating both quantitative and qualitative properties into existing users and events. To move forward, we had to define which properties to add while preserving the simplicity that our users loved so much in our product.
As first designer I took charge of addressing this challenge. There were two main issues to address: which properties we were going to include, and how.
I conducted research to understand what similar products were offering, met with the sales team and founders to learn about our users and past interviews, and discussed the scope and technical possibilities with the engineering team.
The platform’s existing navigation was based on direct manipulation UI. This is a strategy that we defined to make funnel visualization feel more simple.
Defining and scaling the navigation logic
Using this reasoning, I could move forward with the system components exploration. After revisiting our research, exchanging feedback with the team, and further analyzing our existing patterns, I identified three levels within our navigation and component logic. To maintain the simplicity of the funnels view, I recognized the need to introduce properties within this existing logic.
This, naturally, was not the final solution but rather the initial direction. I exchanged insights with the team and returned to wireframing and prototyping to assess potential outcomes of this approach. The main challenge now was solving the flows for adding, visualizing and editing these properties.
The integrations challenge
As Palabra operates with real-time data, integrations are crucial. Initially, we seamlessly integrated with Segment and Webhooks. However, the demand for precise funnels led to exploring Stripe and Salesforce integration—highly requested by users. The initial assessment guided property selection. Challenges arose, especially with pulling from Segment and Stripe, and integrating Salesforce. To navigate, we adjusted the scope, starting with Segment filters. Gradually, we expanded to include user and event properties from Stripe and Webhooks, while Salesforce was left out of scope for the project.
Flows and variants definitions
After a series of iterations and enhancements, shaped by peer review sessions with engineers and founders, internal user testing, and presenting the prototype to prospective users, we completed an iteration ready for implementation.
Let's work together :)
© Sof Andrade 2024